Neuroinflammation, Chronic Stress, Traumatic Brain Injury and Diseases
What Do We Know About Neuroinflammation?
Neuroinflammation is an inflammation of the central nervous system (CNS). It can lead to neuronal injury and dysfunction.
What is Integrative and Functional Medicine?
Integrative and Functional Medicine Prescribers often take special interest treating and preventing inflammation.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- NFL players with concussions (as well as many other sports)
- Military people such as Navy Seals after being in combat zones
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Electric Shock
- Violence Injury
- Alzheimer’s (Dementia)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autoimmune Diseases
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Lyme Disease
- Stroke /TIA’s
Chronic Stress Situations
- Executive Burnout
- Career stress—see an example of racecar drivers
- Lifestyle stress- money, marriage, kids
- Overloaded parents with “jello brain”
Why don’t we try to prevent inflammation and disease before they occur?
*There are various practitioners who focus on this aspect of medicine.