Uniquely tailored to you
Our state-of-the-art clean room exceeds USP 797 guidelines. Innovative Compounding Pharmacy is the only compounding pharmacy with a sterile license from the State Board of Pharmacy in Sacramento County. Our staffs are certified by PCCA and have gone through extensive training.
Veterinary Sterile Compounding
Innovative Compounding Pharmacy also provides Sterile Compounding for your pets. We treat all animals such as dogs, cats, birds, equine, rabbits and more. Please click the link below to view our veterinary compounding options.
More Information on our Sterile Compounding
Examples of sterile injections that can be compounded by prescription order include:
- Intracavernosal injections of papaverine and phentolamine, sometimes with prostaglandin E1 (“tri-mix”) in customized doses*
- Vitamin B-12
- Diagnostic preparations
We can compound sterile ophthalmic drops, ointments, sprays, injections and pre-op solutions, including anesthetics, antibiotics, antioxidants, antivirals, cataract therapies, corticosteroids, ophthalmic decongestants, miotics, mydriatics, and lubricants.
Preparations can contain a single drug or a combination in the most appropriate strength and concentration for a specific use, such as fortified antibiotic or pre-op drops.
Examples of preservative-free preparations include drops or sprays containing the following medications, alone or in combination:
We use only the highest quality ingredients from an FDA registered supplier. Ask us about medications that are commercially unavailable or have been discontinued (for reasons other than safety concerns). We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions, and to work with you to compound medications that meet the specific needs of your practice. Please contact our compounding pharmacist with questions or to discuss any unique needs.
“Tri-Mix” Injection for Erectile Dysfunction
Men with erectile dysfunction (ED) who used triple therapy (papaverine/phentolamine/prostaglandin-E1) by intracavernosal injection (ICI) and then changed to oral sildenafil found they had a greater preference than expected for triple therapy. Overall, the erection quality with ICI was better than that with sildenafil.
- Fear of pain with intracavernosal injection (ICI) therapy may discourage its use. Yet, findings from a Cleveland Clinic study show that in the majority of ED patients, discomfort is minimal.
- Treatment with self-injections of vasoactive drugs in men with diabetes (both type 1 and type 2) and severe ED is a safe and effective alternative in the long term. The key is adjustment of the therapeutic method and dosage to optimal levels for satisfactory erections.
- Early intracavernosal injections following radical prostatectomy facilitated early sexual intercourse, patient satisfaction and potentially earlier return of natural erections, according to a study from the Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Early combination therapy with sildenafil allowed a lower dose of intracavernous injections, minimizing the penile discomfort.
- A higher percentage of positive response in patients with erectile dysfunction was achieved with the trimix modality. Choice of more potent ICI regimens can improve efficacy.
Examples of sterile veterinary preparations that can be compounded by prescription order include:
- Mitomycin C
- Ophthalmic Preparations*
*see more info below
Ask us about combinations to meet specific needs or medications that are currently unavailable or have been discontinued for non-safety reasons (such as when a newer therapy reduces the need and therefore decreased use results in the medication no longer being profitable to manufacturer).
Call for a free consultation: 866.470.9197
We look forward to assisting you.